2024: Romantic Rhine with 1 Night in Amsterdam & 2 Nights in Lucerne (Southbound) (WAZ5) - Tranquility II
11 Days from Amsterdam to Lucerne
Your 11-day river cruise vacation includes stays in Holland, Germany, France, and Switzerland-all beginning with an overnight stay in Amsterdam before embarking your Suite Ship. Before sailing down the Rhine River, you'll enjoy an off-the-beaten-path guided walking tour and a guided canal cruise through the colorful capital of Holland. Next, you'll cruise to Cologne, Germany-a 2,000 year-old city known for its Gothic architecture-an exciting stop with its famous twin-spired cathedral and Old Town with many shops, cafes, and taverns. On your way to Rudesheim, relax on the Sky Deck of your ship as you pass through the spectacular Rhine Gorge -the most beautiful view of the Rhine River where ancient castles stand on cliffs 400 feet above the water. You'll take a guided tour of Rudesheim's outstanding Mechanical Music Museum. Sail into Mainz for city sightseeing, including a visit to the impressive Gutenberg Museum or choose an excursion to nearby Heidelberg-and cruise to Strasbourg, France. Then, stop in Breisach, Germany, the gateway to Germany's Black Forest-an area of unrivaled natural beauty-best known for Black Forest ham, cherry cake, and the cuckoo clock.Cruise to Basel, Switzerland, to disembark from your Avalon Suite Ship and continue your vacation with a visit to Mt. Pilatus and a walking tour in Lucerne. Your Rhine River cruise and vacation in Switzerland are the perfect combination to unlock a guided European vacation of a lifetime.
Call (217) 222-0515 for more information or to book today! Mention code 17377860
- Cruise Line
- Avalon Waterways
- Offer valid through 6/30/2023
- 11 Days
- Cruise Ship
- Tranquility II
Click for more information on this ship.
|Day 9||Mount Pilatus|
- US$ Price Details
Gateway city for departures is Zurich.Port charges:$210Gratuities to Local Guides & Excursion Drivers are included.Avalon offers the opportunity for solo travelers to sail with no single supplement (subject to availability).Please call for single accommodation details and prices. Triples not available.Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Avalon Waterways, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Avalon Waterways, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Avalon Waterways to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land/cruise vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; intra-vacation air, unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees, including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.10 per segment, and U.S. and international arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas and vaccinations; tips to your Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Avalon menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
- Additional airline-imposed fees for seat assignments may apply and are not included in your total package cost. Please refer to carrier websites for seat assignment policies and applicable pricing.
Booking your Vacation with Air
Our volume buying power saves you money. We may be able to provide you with flight arrangements from your gateway city. Avalon Waterways offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Early Airfare Price Guarantee locks in a price that is guaranteed not to increase. Air pricing and schedules are available approximately 330 days prior to last travel date in the itinerary. At that time the best air price will be utilized and a new invoice with the air cost and confirmed schedule will be sent. The identity of the carrier, which may include the carrier?s codeshare partner, will be assigned and disclosed at this time. If the guaranteed price is the lowest, the schedule with the lowest fare per contracted classes of service will be booked. Any voluntary change to the confirmed flights negates the guaranteed price and is subject to air pricing at the time of the change.
Guaranteed air-inclusive prices - air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional non-refundable air deposit of $300 per person is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Avalon in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus a non-refundable per person service fee of $30 (North/Central America), $50 (Europe/Middle East) or $80 (all other international destinations). Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Avalon has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
"Starting at" Disclaimer
The "Starting at" or "From" listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per person based on double occupancy and any applicable non-commissionable taxes and fees and intra-vacation flight are included in the price shown. Any included overnight stay in Canada, applicable GST/HST is also included in the price shown. International airfare, however, is not included. If price is crossed out, the new price shown includes limited-time promotional offer(s). Please review current promotions or deals for additional information.